Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stash Report 8/29/10

Well another good week of stashing busting. I have decided changed how I am keeping track of my stash busting. I added a new column so I can keep track of the fabric I have donated, given away for either gifts or just because or even sold. I titled the category donated. I know it's for everything I have not personally used.

Used this Week: 10.75 yards
Used year to Date: 108.25 yards
Donated this Week: 4 yards
Donated year to Date: 18.75
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 22.5 yards
Net Used for 2010: 104.5 yards

Friday, August 20, 2010

Stash Report 8/22/10

Spent time plugging away on the busting of the stash. I got a donation quilt top done and more pillow case kits. Plus found some more fabric I will never use and it went to a new home.

Used this Week: 11.75 yards
Used year to Date: 112.25 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 22.5 yards
Net Used for 2010: 89.75 yards

Monday, August 16, 2010

Design Wall Monday 8/16/10

I can not believe I actually made design wall Monday on a Monday with something to show. I took the picture this afternoon and now all 16 blocks are done. I think I am going to donate them to my quilt guilds auction in October. I made the pattern after seeing the typical jar blocks. I wanted to do something a bit different.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Stash Report 8/15/10

What a good week as I hit the 100 yards used mark. I did have 2 yards added that were gifts yet I still counted it. Now my next goal is to use 100 yards from my stash alone. That might take a some time as after I finish the quilt on my design wall, I know what I want to start and that might take a while.

Used this Week: 6.25 yards
Used year to Date: 100.5 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 22.5 yards
Net Used for 2010: 78 yards

Monday, August 9, 2010

Design Wall Monday 8/9/10

As having finished my Houston mystery I did a quick quilt top for a donation quilt for Marin Cat Connection. It's from the pattern "Just Can't Cut It". I got it done in one evening. I'm posting a picture more for show and tell as it was only on my design wall for a very short time. This is the fabric before I cut it up and the next picture is the top. As I did not have enough for the border I left it off. Besides, the quilt was getting to be a bit big.

For design wall Monday, I have the first row of a quilt. As I had cut the corners to use another pattern that didn't work. I regrouped and making this instead. I'll add a border or two and have a cute baby quilt when I need one. This is what the quilt looks like all finished. It's a nice baby quilt. The best part is both these tops were done from my stash. Plus I have backs to go with both!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Stash Report 8/8/10

Made 4 more pillowcase kits this week. Finished up a ufo from 2003. My Houston mystery. After finally getting that done I did this years cat quilt for Marin Cat Connection. I enjoyed making some thing so easy but looks good. I did fall of the wagon and get some fabric to add to some I already had. It was the last my local store had and it was on sale.

Used this Week: 7.75 yards
Used year to Date: 92.25 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 20.5 yards
Net Used for 2010: 71.75 yards

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Houston's Mystery

I just complete a mystery I started in 2007. I am so happy to have it done and off the UFO list. Not sure what is next to do but something easy for a change!!!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Stash Report 8/1/10

I am making pillowcase kits for an upcoming quilt retreat. When done they will be donated to Camp Okizu. My goal is to have 50 donated. So far I have made eight myself so I am well under way of my goal. This week I made 4 kits for a total of 4.5 yards.

Used this Week: 4.5 yards
Used year to Date: 84.5 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 17.75 yards
Net Used for 2010: 66.75 yards