Monday, October 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Once again it's design wall Monday. I am teaching these days. I so need to work on class samples. I saw on Judy's friends blog a Lil' Twister wreath. I have a class coming up on Lil' Twister so I decided to make a wreath. It was quick and easy.

This is with the blocks and border sewn together before the cutting begins.



After cutting out the blocks I laid them out.



This is the top completed. But now looking at it, I'm wondering if I should add an outer border of the dark blue.

7 comments:

  1. How about a tiny thin blue border, like 1/4" wide or piped even, then a wider white border, I think that would look lovely... delicate and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a dark blue border, but Angie's sounds really lovely and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made 4 different sizes of the Lil Twister quilt--LOVE them! Your idea for a 'wreath' pattern is one I'll have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like fun...I have to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're right, a blue border will set it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I vote for the thin blue border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or, you could just bind it in blue.

    ReplyDelete